Eisenberg Law Group
Train Accident Lawyer Los Angeles
Most people are surprised to learn around 3,000 railroad accidents occur on a yearly basis. Unfortunately, these accidents lead to upwards of 1,000 deaths. A large part of the reason why train accidents are so deadly is the fact that they are that much larger than cars. As a result, train collisions typically result in significant injury or death.
If you or a loved one are involved in a train accident, there will be numerous parties that play important roles in the ensuing lawsuit. It is imperative you find an attorney who has a successful track record of litigating train accidents.
The Causes of Train Accidents
Train accidents are caused by a number of different reasons:
When can Legal Action be Taken?
The state of California mandates a lawsuit be filed within two years from the train accident date. If the injury resulted from the negligence of a government entity or an individual acting on the government entity’s behalf, the Claim for Damages must be filed within six months of the accident date.
Plenty of trains are operated by the government. Therefore, it is important that train accident victims and their family members act quickly to secure the attorney’s services and file the claim. If the claim is not filed against the government agency at fault within six months from the date of the accident, it will not be possible to bring the claim.
The Types of Damages That can be Recovered in Train Accident Cases
California law states an individual injured in a train accident is eligible to recover two distinct types of damages: Economic and non-economic damages.
Examples of economic damages include but are not limited to the following:
Examples of non-economic damages include but are not limited to the following:
California law states an individual injured in a train accident is to be provided with compensation for all of the damage items listed above. Furthermore, such a victim is also entitled to obtain non-economic damages in the past as well as the future. Our legal team understands exactly how to maximize each damage item’s value to ensure your recovery meets its full potential.
However, plenty of train accident victims interact with the insurance company on their own instead of leaning on our attorneys and end up with a claim of reduced value. You need an attorney who understands how to maximize the recovery for each damage item in accordance with California law.
How to Proceed at the Train Accident Scene
If you are involved in a train accident, it is imperative you preserve evidence and also do everything possible to maximize your compensation in the aftermath of the accident. Here is exactly what you should do:
- Ensure everyone involved in the accident is in good condition. If injured individuals require emergency medical attention, obtain assistance by dialing 9-1-1.
- Contact the police to report the accident. Request that the police create a Traffic Collision Report. You will need a copy of this report along with a Traffic Collision Report number.
- Collect the information of all vehicles involved in the accident including the train and its operator. Write down any identifying features of the train for your records. Take pictures of the paperwork the train conductor presents.
- Write down the name of the agency tasked with operating the train, be it Amtrak, Metro, etc. Also write down the train number, the line number, the train operator’s identification number, his or her name and other important details.
- Write down the names of all witnesses to the train accident. Be sure to write down the email addresses, physical addresses and phone numbers of these individuals as well.
- Take pictures of the collision scene. Also take pictures of the areas where the vehicles are positioned. Take pictures of the damage to each vehicle. It will also help your cause to take photos of the closest intersection, traffic lights, stop signs and other signage related to directing the flow of traffic.
- Take closeup photos of your injures.
- Contact our law office for a no-cost consultation. Meet with us and you won’t be obligated to follow through with subsequent action nor will you pay a penny unless we win your case.
Why Select Eisenberg Law Group as Your Legal Representative Follow a Train Accident
Our legal team is here to help in the aftermath of this unfortunate event. We have helped train accident victims as well as other personal injury victims for more than three decades. Our attorneys have successfully litigated numerous train accident cases. Gary Eisenberg, our law firm’s managing partner, launched his career working for insurance providers. These experiences provided Gary with the perspective and knowledge necessary to understand how the insurance industry truly works. The truth about the insurance industry is the companies in this business will attempt to minimize claim value and reduce payouts at every opportunity. Our legal skills, experience and insight will maximize the value of your unique case to bolster your compensation following this unfortunate event.
Select our Los Angeles train accident law firm as your legal representatives and we will fiercely advocate on your behalf, implement the strategies necessary to prove another party’s negligence caused your injuries and maximize your compensation.
Lean on the Eisenberg Law Group for legal representation and you will benefit from our focus on these essential components of legal service:
A Track Record of Success: Our law firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of Los Angeles residents who have endured catastrophic personal injuries including traumatic brain injuries known as TBIs. Our legal team zealously advocates on behalf of clients to maximize compensation in accordance with the law. We are particularly proud of our high rate of success both in terms of settlements and court awards.
Service Tailored to Each Individual Client: Reach out to our attorneys whenever desired to talk about the nuances of your specific case. While other Los Angeles attorneys often route client calls to paralegals and assistants, our attorneys are more than willing to discuss legal matters directly with clients.
Our family-owned law firm provides the experience provided by corporate law firms yet we have the feel of a small law office as we treat clients like actual human beings as opposed to numbers to turn profits.
No-risk Legal Representation: Our legal consultations are completely free. You will not pay anything in terms of attorney fees unless our lawyers emerge victorious in your case.
Contact the Eisenberg Law Firm Today
If you have been involved in a train accident or any other type of accident, reach out to our train accident attorneys today. Contact our legal team by dialing 818-591-8058 or emailing Office@gcelaw.com.
If you prefer that one of our team members reach out to you, simply fill out our online contact form and we will be in touch at our earliest convenience. You will not pay a penny unless we win your case.